1. How long have you been at Berghahn? What did you do before that?
I’m newbie! I’ve been at Berghahn for a little over 2 months. Previously, I worked as an Email Marketing Manager at a higher-ed company called Collegebound Network and I also worked as an account manager specializing in the Library Market at Barnes & Noble.
2. What do you read when you aren’t reading Berghahn books?
Mostly fiction but the last book I read was a non-fiction title called The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks and it was fantastic! The next book on my list is The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides. I also read the Harry Potter series once a year. I know, it’s a sickness.
3. What’s a skill or talent you have that no one at the office knows about?
It’s more of a hobby, but I do like to bake. Unfortunately, I don’t do it much during the summer due to the heat that the oven radiates in my tiny Brooklyn kitchen/living room.
4. Where would you want to live if you could move the Berghahn offices anywhere? Why?
Somewhere by an ocean and mountains. I would say Mid-Coast Maine. Seafood is essential in my life and access to nature activities like hiking and skiing would be great! The longer I live in the city, the more I fantasize about moving to the country.
5. What’s your favorite thing about working at Berghahn?
I love that Berghahn is a small office. Everyone here works really hard and truly cares about the quality of their work. It has been a very easy transition for me since everyone has been so nice and helpful. The short commute isn’t bad either!